4-3-2-1 Cash Back
vs Low-Rate Credit Card
Choosing the right credit card for you can sometimes be a confusing process. It is important to choose a card that will work for you, instead of against you. Here at UCCU we offer two credit cards: the 4-3-2-1 Cash back card and the Low-Rate Visa card.
4-3-2-1 Cash Back Visa Credit Card
The 4-3-2-1 card is named for its rewards structure: 4% cash back on travel, 3% on gas, 2% on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases. This card works well for those who want to maximize their cash back rewards, especially in categories like travel and gas where expenses can add up quickly.
- Pros of the 4-3-2-1 Card:
- Cash Back Rewards: The card’s tiered cash back system allows you to earn substantial rewards from your daily purchases such as gas and groceries. Additionally, you can earn 2% cash back at Costco and Sam’s Club!
- No Annual Fee: With no annual fee, you can truly earn money while you spend without having to worry about additional fees.
- Low APR: The card offers a competitive APR.
- Benefits of 4-3-2-1 Card:
- You spend significantly on travel, gas, and groceries and want to maximize cash back rewards
- You can manage your balances responsibly to avoid high-interest charges.
Click here to learn more: Business Cash Back Visa Credit Card – UCCU
Low Rate Credit Card
The Low Rate Visa card prioritizes affordability and simplicity. It offers the lowest possible APR credit card at the credit union. Plus it also has no annual fees or balance transfer fees. This card is an excellent choice for individuals who have a lower credit score and aim to keep their credit card costs low.
- Pros of the Low Rate Visa Card:
- Low APR: The primary benefit of this card is the lower interest rate, which can save you money on carrying balances. With the lowest APR available, this card is an excellent option for those who want to keep interest charges to a minimum.
- No Annual Fees: The absence of annual fees means you won’t have to worry about recurring charges eating into your budget.
- No Balance Transfer Fees: If you have existing high-interest debt on other cards, you can transfer balances to this card without incurring extra fees.
Selecting between the 4-3-2-1 card and the Low Rate Visa card ultimately depends on your financial priorities and habits.
Choose the Low Rate Visa Card if:
- You want a straightforward and cost-effective credit card with a low APR.
- You want a low-risk card to build your credit score
Find the Card That is Right for You
Overall, the 4-3-2-1 card and the Low Rate Visa card offer distinct advantages, catering to different financial preferences. Assess your spending habits, financial goals, and comfort with managing credit card balances to determine which card aligns best with your needs. Whichever card you choose, remember that responsible credit card use is key to financial success.
- Winterizing Your Assets