Contract Regarding Electronic Signature and Communication
In some circumstances, Utah Community Federal Credit Union (hereinafter “UCCU”) may be required by law to obtain your consent to receive electronic products, services and notices. Additionally, UCCU desires to allow you to e-sign documents by signing on your device screen or by clicking on buttons or icons that communicate your consent and agreement. If you move forward and agree to the terms of this Contract Regarding Electronic Signature And Communication, you will be entering a legally binding contract between you and UCCU.
In this Contract the following words have the following meanings when capitalized:
i. “You” and “your” means the person giving this consent, and also each additional account owner, authorized signer, authorized representative, delegate, product owner and/or service user identified on any UCCU product or service that you apply for, use or access.
ii. “Communications” means each disclosure, notice, agreement, fee schedule, statement, record, document, and other information UCCU provides to you at any time whether provided electronically or on paper.
iii. “Electronic Product(s) and Service(s)” means each and every product and service we offer that you apply for, use, administer or access using the Internet, a website, email, messaging services (including text messaging) and/or software applications (including applications for mobile or hand-held devices), either now or in the future.
iv. “Agreement” (when capitalized) means the Electronic Product(s) and Service(s) you seek to obtain from UCCU whether now or in the future.
When the words “include” and “including” are used at the beginning of a list of one or more items in this Contract, they each indicate that the list contains examples – the list is not exclusive or exhaustive, and the items in the list are only illustrations. They are not the only possible items that could appear in the list.
You covenant and agree to be bound as follows:
1. The above recitals and definitions are hereby incorporated as if fully restated in this Section 1.
2. You will electronically sign the Agreement if you sign on your screen or use any device or electronic service to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action to communicate consent or agree to terms. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature and you will be legally bound in the same manner and to the same extent as though you had signed a paper copy of the Agreement.
3. No certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your electronic signature and the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your electronic signature or any resulting contract between you and UCCU. You further represent that you are authorized to enter the Agreement for all persons who own or are authorized to access any of your accounts and that such persons will be bound by the terms of the Agreement.
4. Each use of your electronic signature in obtaining any other UCCU Product(s) or Service(s) shall legally bind you at all times after this Contract is executed even if this notice and Contract is not presented to you again.
5. In UCCU’s sole discretion, the Communication(s) UCCU provides to you, or that you sign or agree to at UCCU’s request, may be in electronic or paper form. Communication(s) may be delivered to you in a variety of ways and you agree to receive electronic Communication(s). In some cases, you will be able to choose whether to receive certain Communication(s) electronically, or on paper, or both. UCCU may always, in our sole discretion, provide you with any Communication in paper form even if you have chosen to receive it electronically.
6. Sometimes the law, or UCCU’s agreement with you, requires you to give UCCU a written notice. You must still provide your notices to UCCU on paper, unless UCCU specifically tells you in another Communication how you may deliver that notice to UCCU electronically.
7. There may be certain Communications that by law UCCU is not permitted to deliver to you electronically, even with your consent. So long as required by law, UCCU will continue to deliver those Communications to you in writing. However, if the law changes in the future and permits any of those Communications to be delivered as electronic records, this consent will automatically cover those Communications as well.
8. At any time you may withdraw your consent to receive future electronic Communication. Please be aware, however, that withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of your access to our Electronic Product(s) and Service(s), including online banking. Your withdrawal of consent will become effective after we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon it. To withdraw consent, you must call 1-800-453-8188. After withdrawing consent if at any point in the future you proceed forward and utilize the electronic signature system you are once again consenting to receive notices, disclosure, or documents electronically.
9. You agree to keep your email, cell number and other electronic address current with UCCU. You must promptly notify UCCU of any change in your contact information. You may change the contact information for you by logging in at UCCU.com and updating your contact information.
10. You agree that UCCU may in its sole discretion provide communication, products and services that are only accessible by certain hardware and software.