Credit Card Benefits: How to Use Credit Cards to Your Advantage
Credit cards are a convenient way to shop in-store and online and they offer great protection against financial fraud. There are so many great features available!
In this quick article, we’ll tell you all the ways to make the most of your credit card benefits and show you how to use credit cards to your advantage. Read on for credit card tips and tricks!
Enjoy Peace of Mind Through Added Protection
Many people choose to use a credit card over a debit card to access extra protection. All our Visa credit cards come with EMV chip technology and a ZERO Fraud Liability policy, which means you’re not responsible for any unauthorized charges if your card is lost or stolen.
Credit cards also make it easier to get charges reversed and handle disputes if a vendor doesn’t deliver goods or services as promised.
Boost Your Purchasing Power
The most obvious benefit of a credit card is that you can buy things now even if you don’t have the cash. You can use a credit card to pay for car repairs, replace a broken appliance, or cover that special dinner on date night.
Here’s how to use credit cards to your advantage when you just need a little help until payday:
- Be sure to get a Low-Rate Visa Credit Card so you’re not paying more interest than necessary.
- When possible, pay off your balance within the grace period so you pay no interest at all!
Charge Everyday Purchases to Earn Points on a Rewards Card
Why not earn as you spend? Many people use a Cash Rewards Visa to cover their regular expenses so they can get cash back. For example, you might get 4% cash back on travel, 3% on gas, 2% on groceries, and 1% on everything else!
The cash will then be deposited into your preferred account on a regular schedule. Plus, you can automatically earn one Smart Rewards point for every dollar you spend and redeem your points for merchandise, gift cards, travel, and more.
Improve Your Credit to Access Loans
Maybe you want to take out an auto loan or even get a mortgage – to do that, you’ll need good credit. A credit card can help you achieve your goals if you’re at the start of your financial journey and need to establish credit or you want to improve your existing credit score.
Here’s how credit cards can help boost your credit:
- Making regular, timely payments on your credit card will keep your credit score going in the right direction.
- Using less than 30% of your available limit means you’ll have a good debt-to-income ratio (credit utilization rate).
- Keeping zero-balance credit card accounts open means you’ll increase the amount of time you’ve held credit.
- Adding a credit card to your financial tool belt will increase the credit types you have, which is a good thing!
Use Mobile Wallet for Quick and Safe Transactions
You’re probably tired of entering your name, card number, expiration date, and CVV every time you buy something online, right? With Mobile Wallet, you load your credit card details once then you can make purchases with just a quick log-in or using your Face ID.
It’s even easier when shopping in-store – just tap your phone near the point of sale! Choose from Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Visa Checkout, PayPal, and more. Mobile wallets offer a faster, more secure way to make payments.
Easy Management With Card App
If you’re still wondering how to use credit cards to your advantage, just download CardApp and you can access a host of convenient features and services via your phone or favorite device.
CardApp is the easiest way to:
- Pause or cancel lost or stolen cards
- See your transactions on a map to quickly pinpoint fraud
- Get instant alerts
- Let us know you’re traveling so your card doesn’t decline
- Add your credit cards to Mobile Wallet
- Monitor recurring charges
- See which companies have stored your card online
Widely Accepted When Traveling
Your local debit card is no doubt accepted around your town and in many ATMs within your network. But a Visa credit card opens doors all over the world – in every hotel, restaurant, and souvenir shop!
Use Your UCCU Credit Card to Your Advantage!
It’s easy to use your UCCU credit card to your advantage – especially when it comes to rewards!
Signing up for rewards is one of the easiest ways to use credit cards to your advantage. After all, who doesn’t want to receive cash just for buying the usual things on your list?
Even better, a tiered system of rewards means you get extra cash back for certain purchases. Click below to find out everything you need to know about cash rewards credit cards!How Does Cash Back Work on Credit Cards
- How to Prevent Credit Card Fraud